FlashPunk is a free ActionScript 3 library designed for developing 2D Flash games. It provides you with a fast, clean framework to prototype and develop your games in. This means that most of the dirty work (timestep, animation, input, and collision to name a few) is already coded for you and ready to go, giving you more time and energy to concentrate on the design and testing of your game.
This framework is designed for use with the free Flex framework, used for building Flash applications; by combining this with a code editor such as FlashDevelop or Flash Builder, you can import the FlashPunk library and develop games without the need of the official Flash IDE.
You can feel the delicious of features:
- Framerate-independent and fixed-framerate timestep support.
- Fast & manageable rectangle, pixel, and grid collision system.
- Helper classes for animations, tilemaps, text, backdrops, and more.
- Debug console for real-time debugging and information tracking.
- Sound effect support with volume, panning, and fading/crossfading.
- Powerful motion tweening for linear, curved, and path-based movement.
- Z-sorted render lists for easy depth management.
- Simple keyboard and mouse input state checking.
- Quick & efficent particle effects and emitters.